If you’re looking to start a planner business, you’re in luck! The demand for planners has been on the rise in recent years, and there are many different types of planners you can create to sell. Whether you’re interested in creating digital planners, paper planners, or printable planners, there is a market for all of them.
One of the first things you’ll need to decide is what type of planner you want to create. Do you want to make a daily planner, a weekly planner, or a monthly planner? Will it be a planner for students, busy professionals, or stay-at-home parents? Once you’ve identified your target market and the type of planner you want to create, you can start designing your planner. You can use design software like Adobe InDesign or Canva to create your planner, or you can hire a designer to help you. Once you have your design, you can start printing your planner or selling it as a digital download.
Choosing Your Planner Type
When it comes to making planners to sell, one of the first things you need to decide is what type of planner you want to create. There are several options to consider, each with its own pros and cons. Here are some of the most popular planner types and what you need to know about each one.
Digital planners are becoming increasingly popular, especially as more people rely on technology to keep track of their schedules and to-do lists. Digital planners can be used on a computer, tablet, or smartphone, and they offer a lot of flexibility in terms of customization and design.
If you choose to create a digital planner, you’ll need to have some basic design skills and access to software like Adobe Illustrator or Procreate. You’ll also need to decide whether you want to sell your planner as a downloadable PDF or through a platform like Etsy or Shopify.
Paper planners are a classic choice that many people still prefer. They offer a tactile experience that digital planners can’t match, and they’re great for people who like to write things down by hand.
If you choose to create a paper planner, you’ll need to decide what size and format you want to use. Some popular options include ring binders, spiral-bound notebooks, and pocket-sized planners. You’ll also need to consider the cost of printing and shipping your planners.
Printable planners are a good option if you want to offer customers the convenience of a digital planner but still want to create something that has a physical component. Printable planners are essentially digital files that customers can print out and assemble themselves.
If you choose to create a printable planner, you’ll need to make sure that your design is easy to print and assemble. You’ll also need to decide whether you want to offer your printable planner as a free download or sell it through a platform like Etsy.
No matter what type of planner you choose to create, make sure that you do your research and understand what your target audience is looking for. By creating a planner that meets their needs and preferences, you’ll be more likely to succeed in the competitive planner market.
Designing Your Planner
When it comes to designing your planner, there are a few key elements to consider: layout and templates, color scheme and fonts, and graphics and images. By paying attention to these details, you can create a planner that is both functional and visually appealing.
Layout and Templates
One of the first things to consider when designing your planner is the layout. How will you organize the pages? What sections will you include? Will you use a weekly or monthly layout? There are many different options to choose from, so take some time to think about what will work best for your audience.
If you’re not sure where to start, consider using templates. Canva, for example, offers a wide variety of planner templates that you can customize to fit your needs. This can save you time and help ensure that your planner is well-organized and easy to use.
Color Scheme and Fonts
The color scheme and fonts you choose can have a big impact on the overall look and feel of your planner. When selecting colors, think about the mood you want to convey. Bright, bold colors can be energizing, while muted tones can be calming.
When it comes to fonts, choose something that is easy to read and fits with the overall aesthetic of your planner. Block lettering can be a good choice for headings, while a more traditional font may work better for body text.
Graphics and Images
Adding graphics and images to your planner can help break up the text and make it more visually appealing. Icons, borders, and dotted lines can be used to create visual interest, while photos and illustrations can be used to add a personal touch.
When selecting graphics and images, make sure they are high-quality and fit with the overall theme of your planner. There are many resources available online, such as Canva’s library of graphics and images, that you can use to enhance your planner.
By paying attention to these key elements, you can create a planner that is both functional and visually appealing. Take some time to experiment with different layouts, color schemes, and graphics until you find the combination that works best for you and your audience.
Creating Your Planner
Creating your own planner can be a fun and rewarding experience. Here are some tips to help you get started.
Tools and Resources
To create your planner, you will need some tools and resources. Here are some options to consider:
- Canva: Canva is a popular graphic design tool that offers a range of templates and design elements to help you create your planner. Canva offers a free version and a paid version called Canva Pro, which offers additional features and resources.
- Planify: Planify is a planner creation tool that offers a range of templates and customization options. Planify offers a free version and a paid version called Planify Pro, which offers additional features and resources.
- Creative Market: Creative Market is a marketplace for digital products, including planner templates and design elements. You can browse a range of options and purchase the ones that best suit your needs.
- Creative Fabrica: Creative Fabrica is another marketplace for digital products, including planner templates and design elements. You can browse a range of options and purchase the ones that best suit your needs.
Types of Planners
There are many different types of planners you can create, depending on your needs and interests. Here are some options to consider:
- Daily planner: A daily planner is designed to help you plan your day and stay organized.
- Weekly planner: A weekly planner is designed to help you plan your week and stay organized.
- Monthly planner: A monthly planner is designed to help you plan your month and stay organized.
- Meal planning planner: A meal planning planner is designed to help you plan your meals and stay on track with your nutrition goals.
- Study planner: A study planner is designed to help you plan your study schedule and stay on track with your academic goals.
One of the great things about creating your own planner is that you can customize it to meet your specific needs and preferences. Here are some customization options to consider:
- Layout: You can choose the layout of your planner, including the number of pages, the size of the pages, and the layout of the sections.
- Design: You can choose the design elements of your planner, including the color scheme, fonts, and graphics.
- Content: You can choose the content of your planner, including the sections and prompts that will help you stay organized and on track.
By considering these tools, types, and customization options, you can create a planner that meets your needs and helps you stay organized and on track.
Selling Your Planner
If you’ve created a planner and are looking to sell it, there are several options available to you. In this section, we’ll cover where to sell your planner, pricing and fees, SEO and keywords, and marketing and sales strategies.
Where to Sell Your Planner
There are several online platforms where you can sell your planner, including Etsy, Shopify, and your own website. Each platform has its own benefits and drawbacks, so it’s essential to research each option and determine which one is right for you.
- Etsy: Etsy is a popular marketplace for handmade and vintage items. It’s an excellent option for selling planners because it has a built-in audience of people looking for unique and creative products. However, Etsy charges a listing fee and takes a percentage of each sale.
- Shopify: Shopify is an e-commerce platform that allows you to create your own online store. It’s a great option if you want more control over your store’s design and functionality. However, Shopify charges a monthly fee, and you’ll be responsible for driving traffic to your store.
- Your own website: If you have the technical skills, you can create your own website to sell your planner. This option gives you the most control over your store’s design and functionality, but you’ll be responsible for driving traffic to your site.
Pricing and Fees
When pricing your planner, it’s essential to consider your costs, including materials, shipping, and any fees associated with the platform you’re using to sell your planner. You’ll also want to research your competitors’ prices and make sure your pricing is competitive.
SEO and Keywords
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing your website or product listing to rank higher in search engine results. To optimize your planner for SEO, you’ll want to use relevant keywords in your product title, description, and tags. Researching popular keywords in your niche can help you rank higher in search engine results.
Marketing and Sales Strategies
To increase your planner sales, you’ll want to develop a marketing and sales strategy. This can include social media marketing, webinars, and other promotional activities. You can also offer discounts or promotions to encourage customers to buy your planner.
In summary, there are several options available to sell your planner online, including Etsy, Shopify, and your own website. When pricing your planner, consider your costs and research your competitors’ prices. To optimize your planner for SEO, use relevant keywords in your product listing. Finally, develop a marketing and sales strategy to increase your planner sales.
Congratulations! You have made it to the end of this article on how to make planners to sell. By now, you should have a good understanding of the various aspects involved in creating and selling planners.
Remember that when it comes to planner size, there are several options available, including US Letter, A4, A5, A6, mini, and more. You can choose the size that works best for your target audience and the type of planner you want to create.
When it comes to the layout, you have several options as well. You can create daily planners, weekly layouts, daily pages, yearly calendars, monthly views, daily views, tracking pages, and more. It all depends on what your target audience needs and wants.
Don’t forget to include sections that are relevant to your target audience. For example, if you are targeting fitness enthusiasts, you may want to include sections for tracking workouts, nutrition, and health goals. If you are targeting teachers, you may want to include sections for lesson planning and grading.
Also, consider adding sections for habits, gratitude, and goals. These are popular sections that many people find helpful in achieving their goals.
If you are creating a digital planner, you may want to consider adding digital planner accessories, such as stickers and templates. You can also sell a commercial license for your planner, allowing others to use and sell your planner under certain conditions.
Finally, don’t forget to market your planner effectively. Utilize platforms like Google and Kindle Direct Publishing to reach a wider audience. Consider creating accessories and other products to complement your planner and increase your sales.
With these tips and tricks, you are well on your way to creating and selling planners that will be loved by many. Good luck!